From our team and industry leaders
Kylie Brown | Senior Consultant
My advice would be to:
- Be a role model; the behaviour you want from your team, be values driven and make decisions based on these values.
- Set a clear vision and be clear on the business goals.
- Communicate key messages, regularly.
- Empower others; lightening your load to focus where needed and skilling others to make decisions and be accountable.
- Give recognition and keep the team motivated.
Michael De Santis | Managing Consultant
- Set a broad plan about where you want your career to get to, then reach out to those who you may know (or perhaps a new contact) to get some understanding of how their career path developed and/or search consultants who would have seen a diverse range of career movements and backgrounds.
- Be open to new opportunities but ensure that they are aligned with your overall career plan/goals/vision, and you have given appropriate time to deliver on the goals set out in your current opportunity.
- Make sure you set some time aside each week (however brief) to work on your own personal career development.