Clinical Director of Emergency Medicine
Apply for this job
Clinical Director of Emergency Medicine
- Clinical & Strategic leadership opportunity
- Collaborative and supportive organisation
- Rural lifestyle with all the big city facilities
About the Health Service
Goulburn Valley Health (GV Health) is the main healthcare provider in the Goulburn Valley region, servicing a broad catchment area of approximately 120,000 people. They are the largest permanent employer in the region with over 3000 employees spread across their five sites with main campuses located at Shepparton, Tatura and Rushworth. GV Health provide a comprehensive range of acute, subacute, mental health, aged, primary health, and community services across the Goulburn Sub-Region within the Hume Region. To meet the evolving healthcare needs of their community, they have completed Phase 1 of their redevelopment project which includes a five-storey Inpatient Unit building, expanded theatre capacity, new Critical Care Unit, a state-of-the-art Dialysis Unit, and an extension of the Emergency Department.
About the Role
As Clinical Director of Emergency Medicine, you will lead and direct the functions of the GV Health Emergency Department to ensure the achievement of the highest clinical and quality standards, ACEM accreditation, key access indicators and financial targets. You will collaborate with the Division Operations Director to ensure efficient and effective departmental management. This role involves providing clinical and strategic leadership, continuous monitoring, and improvement of quality patient care, as well as ensuring risk minimisation. You with fellow leaders will be responsible for promoting GV Health as a quality regional Health service provider.
- Lead strategic planning for the department, encompassing clinical and educational aspects.
- Contribute to overall strategic planning at regional and state levels through committee participation.
- Foster a strong research profile for the unit and enhance clinical management within GV Health.
Leadership and Management:
- Provide ethical decision-making aligned with organisational goals.
- Manage recruitment, performance planning, and appraisal for medical staff in the department.
- Supervise and lead clinical governance activities, ensuring efficient service provision.
In Collaboration with the Divisional Operations Director:
- Support the development, review, and implementation of Annual Operational and Quality Plans.
- Contribute to the financial functions, including budget preparation and management.
- Establish accountability and communication structures within the department.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate quality improvement activities to meet accreditation standards.
- Facilitate integration of the multidisciplinary team within the department.
- Lead clinical audit programs, ensuring compliance with quality standards.
Educational – Teaching and Research:
- Coordinate with relevant agencies for teaching programs and training initiatives.
- Supervise continuing education of medical officers and other team members.
- Actively engage in research, evaluation, and evidence-based treatment within ethical guidelines.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Medical Practitioner.
- Fellowship of the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine.
- Previous experience (at least 3 years) as a Director of a large Emergency Department (Regional, Urban or Tertiary)
- Ongoing commitment to professional development.
- Good standing with all Regulatory Authorities.
The Rural Clinical School – Shepparton, is adjacent to GV Health. It is also the home to the Doctor of Medicine Rural Pathway with a state-of-the-art teaching and learning centre and dedicated course facilitators. This provides opportunities for academic appointments with the University of Melbourne.
For further information or to have a confidential discussion about this Clinical Director role, please reach out to Kim Gillespie, Senior Consultant, Ccentric at +61 (0)406 551 917 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, reach out to Michael De Santis, Managing Consultant, Ccentric at +61 (0)406 499 659 or email@example.com.
Three (3) COVID-19 vaccination doses are a mandatory requirement for this role and seasonal Influenza vaccination (where mandated).
GV Health is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.