Professor/ Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer in Social Work – Charles Sturt University
Apply for this job
- Join one of Australia’s largest providers of Social Work education with a track record in exceptional graduate employment opportunities.
- Make a significant contribution to teaching, research, and outreach, in a collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Flexibility on location
Charles Sturt University’s (CSU) School of Social Work and Arts has an ambitious agenda to become Australia’s leading Social Work school, making a positive impact on regional communities through their teaching, research, and community engagement. Over the next three years, CSU aims to become Australia’s top ranking school for Social Work student experience and satisfaction, graduate employment outcomes and employer satisfaction.
CSU is seeking outstanding Social Work scholars committed to collaborative, co-design approaches who will contribute to renewing their teaching program, deepening industry links and accelerating their research performance and impact.
The roles being recruited for include Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor and Professor.
To be considered for these opportunities you will meet the following essential criteria.
- A PhD qualification in Social Work AND membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or eligibility for AASW membership.
- A record of significant research at a national level, relevant to the level of position
- Evidence of, and a demonstrated commitment to the delivery of high-quality student-centred learning and teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to work both collaboratively, and independently and lead within a large complex academic setting with an outcome-orientated focus.
- Superior written and oral communication and interpersonal skills including negotiating, presenting, active listening and the giving and receiving of constructive feedback; and
- For the Professor position, demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership and building research teams and research capability in an academic setting.
If you are a successful and highly motivated academic who is interested in contributing to advancing the academic and professional reputation, visibility, and impact of Social Work we would like to hear from you.
Please contact Pam Lubrainschik at +61452 295 088 or email@example.com or Kim Gillespie at +61 406 551 917 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion and/or to receive a candidate information pack
Closing date for applications: 23 February 2024